Fashion trends come and go, but fit is forever. No matter what the trends are for the season, or whether you’re on a budget or are a shopaholic, the right proportions and hemlines are the things that really make you turn heads. A perfectly tailored pair of pants, or the top with the right neckline is always in style.
That’s why it’s important to find the clothes that fit and flatter you. Here are some tips for finding clothes that fit from head to toe:
- Start with the right support garments. Fitting a comfort bra is easy! To find your size, measure your rib cage directly under your bust and add 5 inches. And with a Carole Martin® Comfort bra, there’s no need to worry about cup size.
- For tops, check that the shoulder seam is vertical line from the top of your shoulder to your armpit, and that the hemline, if you’re wearing it untucked, sits above or below the widest part of your hips.
- Skirts and dresses are slimming when they hit the parts of your legs that are narrow.
- For pants, get a good fit on the tush and thighs; everything else can be altered by a tailor. Ask your seamstress to get the perfect length to add inches to your gams.
- Pulling, stretching and gaping are all signs that piece of clothing isn’t right for you, or your might need a difference size.
- If you score a great find at store, come back. Chances are its designers are designing for bodies like yours.
- Finally, experiment and try everything on. The difference between nautical chic and dressed-up prisoner will be revealed in the fitting room!
For more tips, see: http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/826747/dressing-for-your-body-type